My name is Emily. I am a wife, coffee addict and I love all things DIY! I want to give women the courage to try things that scare them a little, whether it’s learning how to properly hang a shelf that they have been badgering their husband to hang up for them, or going back to school to get the degree they have always dreamed of.
So many times, we let self doubt or the fear of what others will say stop us from even attempting a dream. I am here to say that mistakes and failures are just fine!
It’s the scientific process of devising a theory, trying an experiment based on that theory and then reviewing the data. Sometimes the data is promising, but the vast majority of the time, the data shows us where we went wrong! This is an expected part of science, but we cannot seem to apply this principle in the rest of our life.
I want to show you the truth…that joy comes while we are experimenting, learning, creating, not just with the finished product.
Fun facts about me:
- I was a labor and delivery nurse for 10 years
- I play the piano fairly well and the cello terribly!
- I never wanted to get married until I met my husband. He was a game changer.
- I am terrified of snakes. I can kill all manner of bugs and spiders, but if you want to see me run, show me a snake!
- I completed 3 half marathons….each time wondering why in the world I was running 13.1 miles. It’s awful, I don’t recommend it!
- We aren’t having any babies. We’ve got lots of kiddos in our lives, but they all go home at the end of the day!
Thanks for coming along!