Come along as I try on and review Rent The Runway Unlimited! With the unlimited plan you get to have four pieces at a time. I have rented mostly dresses, gowns and a few coats, but they have everything from skirts, tops, sweaters and accessories!
Video try on of Rent the Runway
Pros of Rent the Runway
- Cost savings-for one price you get to rent new clothes! This saves money if you are likely to be out buying new clothes all the time in order to refresh your wardrobe.
- New looks-this allows you to try patterns or styles that are normally out of your comfort zone without committing to the price tag.
- Feedback-other girls feedback on the style, fit and comfort of a piece is so invaluable when trying to decide whether to rent a piece or not. They sometimes post pics as well which is lovely.
- Free shipping/dry cleaning/repairs-the cost of the month includes all shipping costs, dry cleaning costs and minor repairs. It’s truly worry free.
- Discount on clothes-if you happen to fall in love with something, it is always offered for sale at a discount. Sometimes it’s 10-20%, but other times it’s 75% off. These are higher end clothes though, so the price tag usually reflects that.
Cons of Rent the Runway
- Turnaround-Unless you live near a RTR drop-off location you will have to wait for your items to reach RTR before a new spot is opened up in your order. This means it can be almost a week before the returns get to them, a spot gets opened up, your order gets placed and delivered to you. The last time I did unlimited, I got three orders in that month.
- One return label per shipment-so if you get four items and only like two of them, you may immediately ship back two items with your return label. However, you must now wait until you receive another shipment before being able to send anything else back. I understand they do this as a cost saving measure, but it would be wonderful if I could ship back a dress everyday and order a new one, ensuring that I always had a new piece on it’s way!
Why I love Rent the Runway
I love this app because it’s so easy to use and lets me browse new clothes that I actually get to wear all the time! I don’t have to worry about whether they are in the budget or not because I am just borrowing them.
Making people smile is one of the best things ever. I like to do it with clothes! Wearing a cute outfit can cheer up any office meeting or just daily shopping. I love going out where all the people are dressed in pretty clothes. It is a very different feeling from my local Wal-mart where pajama pants rule the day!
Usually I walk through the hospital I work at once a day or more. Sometimes people will compliment my dress, but more likely I will get negative comments when they don’t like it or think I’m not wearing enough color. One lady had never even said hello to me, but the first time I wore all black she was dismayed and told me so!
I want to brighten up my little corner of the world and Rent The Runway definitely helps with that. On the flip side, I believe it’s the way I interact and smile with people that truly makes the difference, but being in a bright blue dress doesn’t hurt.
Bottom line, it’s so much fun to try on new clothes and get to wear them out! If you’re on the fence, try it for one month!
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments.